Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, including air filters, fuel filters and oil filters, are essential components that play a key role in the operation of your diesel generator.
The correct maintenance and using OEM parts that are endorsed by the generator manufacturer can extend the life expectancy of your diesel generator and provide a predictable expense for your business.
Key generator parts that will need replacement throughout the lifecycle include:
- Air filters – Air filters prevent particles like dust from entering the generator’s engine and only allows clear air to pass through. They should be changed regularly as they can impact how the rest of your generator’s components work.
- Fuel filters – Fuel filters block harmful particles from entering the generator’s engine. Without fuel filters, impurities can enter the engine and cause damage to fuel pumps and injectors. Diesel Fuel still deteriorates over time and if you are storing diesel fuel, treatment may be required.
- Oil filters – Oil filters play a key role in providing a clean supply of oil to different parts of the generator’s engine.
Preventative maintenance is vital in ensuring your generators efficacy when there is a disruption to the mains power supply.
Preventative maintenance includes:
- Check of all connections
- Check and replacement of all serviceable and perishable parts
- Inspection for signs of damage
- Check of functionality
- Check of performance history logs
At Shanahan Power, you can opt-in for our Asset Care Management, which covers preventative maintenance, general maintenance and provides access to our 24/7/365 Breakdown Assist Facility.