Installing and Commissioning Your UPS System
The installation and commissioning phase is key to ensuring the longevity of your UPS system – there are essential steps and expertise required to ensure that it is installed with minimal disruption and optimal performance.
As part of the installation and commission process, our trained engineers:
- Site Conditions Checks – these checks include UPS environment condition, battery environment condition, room and battery temperature and airflow.
- Visual Checks – our engineers complete a visual check including the electrical modules, capacitors, cooling fans, connections, and safety grounding.
- Measure and calibrate the battery to the load
- Perform functional tests
- Handover the UPS to the client
Once your UPS system is installed, testing and maintaining your UPS system regularly ensures its reliability.
Here are our top reasons for UPS System maintenance:
- Maintain business continuity – interruption of power to your business can result in serious repair costs, permanent data loss, revenue loss, decreased productivity and more. Find out more about the effects of unplanned power outages on businesses here.
- Maximise your battery lifespan – regular testing ensures your battery health, and identifies any potential problems that can damage your UPS system before they happen.
- Keep up to date with warranty requirements – batteries installed by Shanahan Power come with a 12-month warranty, but often manufacturers require maintenance reports for warranty claims.
- Avoid costly damage to your UPS system – most UPS failures are battery related and can cause damage to UPS system componentry. Battery failure can be avoided by specialised installation and testing.
Our Asset Care Management service ensures the reliability of your UPS batteries and is also a predictable expense.
Want to find out more about UPS systems? Our team are specialists in pairing you with the right power solution to suit your power needs. Contact us to find out more, our view our range of power solutions available here!